SPIES BERDAFTAR

15 October 2016

Sony EMCS Scholarship Aptitude Test 2016

ASSALAMMUALAIKUM W.B.T. peeps !


[Update October 2019]
Hola amigos! I noticed this post got a lot of hits year by year. And throughout the 3 years, some of the readers reached me out to ask some additional info. So I decided to created a FAQs post for this particular scholarship. 
Do check it out after reading this post!! 
👇👇👇

---------------

Hi everyone! I rarely posted bout personal experience these days but I really think I need to share this because I myself used to have hard time finding and googling others' experience bout Sony EMCS Scholarship Aptitude Test.

So yesterday, I sat for the test. Alhamdulillah, I actually really thankful to Allah for opening Sony's heart to accept my application. Frankly, Poslaju messed up with my application form postage and it arrived to Sony AFTER the due date passed. Back in time when I knew bout it, I felt kinda frustrated, but I'm not fully blaming Poslaju because I also finished up preparing the form and all the documents near the end of application date. In fact, I posted 'em on Thursday, when the due date was on Friday. Yup, TOMORROW of it! But I posted 'em in the morning, and the person in charge at the Poslaju counter said it will arrived tomorrow. ----TADA! It "safely" arrived Sony on Sunday/Monday ((not quite remember already)). So moral of the story, send your form EARLY and AVOID USING POSLAJU(?).

Back to the topic, so for this time, Sony itself came to UTM for the test and the participants were only UTM students, so I guessed they did the same for every uni, maybe? I've read some blog posts (but that's in 2013 and former) they need to come to Sony EMCS at Bangi themselves to take the test. Sooooo, Thank you Sony! & You just need to bring pencil & eraser for the test. NO CALCULATOR IS ALLOWED! huhu.

There are 3 sets of tests:



Diagrammatic
Time allocated: 20 mins
No of Qs: 40

It is more like an IQ test. where they're sets of pictures in some logical sequences and you need to find out the sequence and determine the next picture. I kinda messed up due to nervousness, I guess, which I only managed to finish 38/40 Qs. It is a good thing tho, I did some practice beforehand, if not, I think it will be a lot worse, nau'zubillah! (~.~)

Verbal
Time allocated: 30 mins
No of Qs: 60 (if I'm not mistaken)

There will be a passage, and after reading it, you need to answer few questions. The questions are in form of statements, and based on the passage, you need to determine whether the statement is TRUE, FALSE, or CANNOT SAY. Each passage will have 4/5 questions (again, already forgot haha) so there will be not only one passage, but more. Thank God I managed to answer all questions for this set, as I kinda already "into the mood" & fired up. XD

Data interpreting
Time allocated: 30 mins
No of Qs: 45 (if I'm not mistaken)

A card consists of numerous diagrams such as pie chart, tables, and graph is given. And based on that, you need to answer the questions given. Some are direct questions, and some you need to do simple/not-so-simple calculation. There are even questions that involves more than 1 diagram (means you need to relate them), but this kind of question is not so many (maybe it is a high level one). Again, alhamdulillah I managed to answer all Qs, BUT! there are 2,3 Qs that I "main hentam" LOL.

My advice: if there is question that you're stucked for a long time, skip to the next question first. Sometimes, the next one will be A LOT easier. (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑

-------------------------------------
Actually, Sony's scholarship is one of my dream scholarship ever since I decided to take Software Engineering (2013- after SPM). So I'm really glad I've taken another step ahead in achieving it.

To end this post, here some quick tips:

  • Sony advertises they only accept application for 2nd & 3rd year students. But yesterday I noticed there were some 1st year students sitting for the test. So, if you're 1st year, just try to apply 'em too! (but if you didn't get called to sit for the test don't sue me~) (and frankly I'm quite disappointed as if I knew it, I've applied for 'em last year. But hey at least I got a year to build up my profile & résumé! ✧٩(•́⌄•́๑) ).
  • Do some practices/ exercises that available online to get prepared before going to the real test.
  • Don't let your nerves gets you. Go to the washroom before taking the test!
  • Sony staffs in charged are really friendly. Just ask anything that you want. They won't bite!
  • If you passed the test, Sony will contact you around early or mid Nov to tell you need to attend an interview session with their bosses at Sony EMCS office, Bangi.
  • Length of your bond with Sony upon graduation is based on length of Sony sponsoring your study. After that bond ended, you may be taken as permanent staff.
  • This applicable to Sony at Bangi only. You can't work at Sony Penang or Sony Japan as the one that sponsor your study is Sony Bangi.

some sample questions:

Ok, that's all for today. If you're taking the test soon, all the best! May Allah ease everything. 
\\\(۶•̀ᴗ•́)۶////

ps:/ please pray that I will get called to go to the interview. I really really reaaaaaallyyyyyyyy looking forward to it! 

(´。✪ω✪。`)


[Update October 2019]
Hola amigos! I noticed this post got a lot of hits year by year. And throughout the 3 years, some of the readers reached me out to ask some additional info. So I decided to created a FAQs post for this particular scholarship. 
Do check it out after reading this post!! 
👇👇👇
[FAQs: Sony EMCS Scholarship]
regards,


40 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info, Im gonna take the test on this friday, hope I can ans it well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure! all the best! :) may all the odds be w you.

      Delete
    2. which IPT are you from btw?

      Delete
    3. can I get your contact number or email.. my test is on 14th october..

      Delete
    4. @xavier sure thing! My email is aiman_april@yahoo.com.my. U can also find me on twitter @monsquare, it'll be a lot easier 😁

      Delete
  2. Thanks a lot. By reading this, i just know about the format and can imagine the outcome questions. Thanks a lot sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure! all the best! :) may all the odds be w you. which IPT are you from btw?

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot. 😊
    Im taking the test this saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sweat 😁 & all the best!! ((I think u're the same person as the one below but just to be safe, I reply to this one too hehehe))

      Delete
    2. Yeah, i accidentally press publish twice haha 😅
      Thanks

      Delete
    3. haha alright bro. no hal. ;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks a lot.
    Im taking my the test this saturday.
    Wish me luck.
    Hope can obtain this scholarship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure ^^
      All the best sis!! May Allah ease everything! Fighting 😁😁😁💪🏻

      Delete
    2. Im a boy 😅
      Thank you.

      Delete
    3. omg so sorry bro!! just realized "lydya" is the reverse of "aidil" XD

      Delete
  5. thanks a lot.. iam going to take this test next tuesday, but have another test on next sunday & monday..huhuhu.. hope to be well prepared..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem bro.. Wow sooo many tests! Are the other 2 also test for scholarship or your midterm test? Anyway all the best! May Allah ease 😁

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much and I really appreciate that as i gonna take the test on next thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No biggie. It's an honour so many ppl came to read this post. I'm feeling blessed right now hehe. Anyway all the best! May Allah ease everything 😁💪🏻

      Delete
  7. thanks and wish me luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. most welcome bro! all the best & may Allah ease~

    ReplyDelete
  9. just got my call today to have the aptitude test... hope that I can make it into the interview session.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woww good for you!! all the best Lee! may the odds be with you. :) let me know if you got into the interview session.

      Delete
    2. yes I make it to the interview session, but im quite nervous now as my English speaking is considered not too good since I don't have a English speaking background...I have read your blog about the interview, will glad to know anymore tips to success my interview

      Delete
    3. Wow congrats Lee!! So when you'll be coming to Bangi? As for the interview, perhaps you can prepare answers for typical interview questions and practice speaking them with your friends/family or even in front of a mirror. (pro tips: don't fully memorize the whole sentences, instead, just remember the key points of the sentence & what do you really try to convey with those sentences).

      Btw, if you don't mind I'm asking, what course are you taking? Because I had a senior that take mechatronics & got this interview too. & her department interview is quite different from software department, as the candidates need to solve some engineering problems so if applicable, perhaps you need to prepare too by revising your syllabus.

      Delete
    4. I'll be coming to Bangi next Thursday. It's going to be a tough week for me as I have 3 midterm paper on next week and this important interview. FYI, I take Electrical Engineering. Oh... so we'll do our interview at different department? Well, i'm afraid I don't have much time to revise my syllabus as im facing my midterm. Just hope that not too complicated question will be asked. And may I ask, when you got the scholarship they offer, does that mean that you gotta work at Sony after graduating? It's a must or what?

      Delete
    5. Congratulations for advancing to the next stage!! I see, it'll indeed will be a tough week for you but break a leg, Lee, hard times today for better tomorrow! 😁 Yup, the interview venue is the same but it'll be different rooms with different interviewers based on which department you are designated to. Yeah well at least when you're studying for the midterm you're kinda revising abit for your syllabus (unless the subjects are like English & TITAS, etc. 😂)

      For your last question, yes it is a must. As stated in the agreement you singed upon confirming in receiving the scholarship. You'll be bonded to Sony EMCS as long as how many years they sponsor your study.

      Delete
    6. Thanks^^ Anyway have you started your working life in Sony or still a student? And one more question, did you take any loan like PTPTN before? What to do if u got the scholarship?

      Delete
    7. You're welcome! I'm currently on my final semester. Underwent my internship with Sony EMCS last year, & if everything goes as planned, I'm gonna join them in July. :)

      Well, I didn't apply any other financial loan so I couldn't advise you on that. Sorry.

      Delete
  10. excuse me? why can't i open the example questions? help me please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried them, they're working fine.. you need to wait for 5 secs first & click "skip ad" at top right of the page..let me know if you've tried this way but still can't get them.

      Delete
  11. contoh soalan tu lebih kurang dgn soalan sony punya ke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, kalau tahun ni still tak berubah, bagi saya memang lebih kurang soalannya. saya memang cuba kongsi soalan yang sehampir mungkin. cuma mungkin tahap kesukaran tak sama.

      tapi yang bahgian data interpretation cara soalan ditanya seperti yg saya describe di atas, bukan exactly macam contoh soalan yg saya kongsi.

      all the best!!

      Delete
  12. hii!! can i have your latest twitter username or email or any way i can contact you? :D i would like to ask about this sony aptitude test

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alisa!
      I'm so sorry didn't notice your comment earlier. IDK why but blogger has stopped sending me email to notify new comments.. You can reach me at aiman_april@yahoo.com.my.

      Btw, I just wrote a new blog post today, a FAQs compilation regarding this scholarship. You can check it out too! Here's the link: http://corneey.com/w47gJ7

      Delete
  13. Thanks a lot.
    Im taking the test this saturday.. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! All the best! :D

      Delete
  14. Thanks a lot.
    Im taking the test this saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. dress code nak pegi ambil apptitude test tu biasenye pakai ape ea??

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Syaf,
    Smart casual pun dah OK.. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

pecah kaca sebab koman,
lepas baca harap komen. :D